Before I get into my review and picks, I want to give a bonus ‘Pick-Six’ on the best Halloween Candy!
6) Swedish Berries – One of the best-tasting candies, and they don’t break your teeth.
5) Twizzlers – There is something about licorice from the movie theatre or grabbing a bag at the grocery store. It’s a classic.
4) Sour Patch Kids – Chewy, sweet and sour. Not an easy combo to pull off, and it gets no better than these delicious little devils.
3) Starbursts – This was a challenging rank for me because it’s a candy that isn’t on the top-tier list. Yet, when you pull one out of the bag, you don’t throw it back in. Instead, you enjoy the flavor and chew away with no regrets.
2) Snickers – The logic is there; fight me. It has everything you want, caramel, nougat, peanuts, chocolate, and the best commercials.
1) Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups – The king has been crowned. I asked a lot of people, and the consensus was there.
Ace Card – Full-Size Chocolate Bar. It does not matter what they dump in your bag if it’s a big one.
Holy Grail – When you roll up on a house, and they are done handing out candy for the night, telling you to take what you want. LET’S GO!!!
Now let’s review last week’s picks:
Last Week’s DraftKings Picks:
1) Lamar Jackson QB, BAL $8,000 – Lamar was a total letdown with 10.70 fantasy points and 9.19% ownership. As I stated, Burrow and Herbert were better with stacks. Luckily Burrow saved my week.
2) Ezekiel Elliott RB, DAL $6,000 – For the price tag, Elliott showed up and delivered 17.70 fantasy points to 10.92% of his owners. This was a decent play, finishing 12th for RBs; not listed in the top 12 for pricing.
3) Tee Higgins WR, CIN $6,400 – Higgins was the odd man in an offense that went nuclear. Chase and Boyd were the ones who benefited the most. However, 14.30 fantasy points and 18.05% were burned.
4) D.J. Moore WR, CAR $4,900 – This was a great pick. 19.60 fantasy points and only 4.87% took Moore. For the price tag, this is what we are looking for.
5) Cade Otton TE, TB $2,700 – 11.96% of owners brought in 10.40 fantasy points. I wrote last week that we wanted a double-digit day out of his cheap price tag.
6) 49ers DST, SF $2,700 – Ouff, I said do not be afraid to play against Mahomes. My eyes were bigger than my stomach. It was worth the punt, but we only received one fantasy point and 1.48% ownership.
Week 8 DraftKings picks
1) Sam Ehlinger QB, IND $4,000
Have you and your friends ever taken an object, and one of them bets you can’t throw it as far as you claim? So you sling it as hard as you can, and everyone watches as it sails through the air awaiting the outcome. Ehlinger is our object in hand, and we need to see how far he will go. Remember, getting four times the value is what you want from a player. With a salary this low and a projection of 15.6 fantasy points, he is already at a 3.9 value.
2) Tony Pollard RB, DAL $6,100
Elliott is out, and this will be the highest-owned RB of the week. This is strictly a cash game smash; you need to eat to chalk on him and have exposure. The Bears are struggling to stop the run as they are ranked the 8th worst team against RBs for fantasy.
Pollard is running behind the 5th best-adjusted line yards o-line in the league. I will pivot for a tournament play, but for cash games, shut up and take my money.
3) Jaylen Waddle WR, MIA $6,700
Jeff Okudah is low-key one of the better cover corners in the NFL. Against the Cowboys, he recorded 15 tackles. The athleticism is there, and I am nervous to stack Hill against him and the crowd of people putting him in their lineups.
However, the Fins should be able to carve this defense up, and the pivot to Waddle makes sense. Holding 21.7% of the target share and 7.7 targets per game gives him a realistic chance to match his price tag.
4) D.J. Moore WR, CAR $5,300
I was trying to think of a different way to say if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it, but…yeah, you get it. The Falcons’ defense against WRs is terrible, like the house that hands out Necco Wafers. However, nobody is worse against the pass, and currently, nobody has a larger offensive target share than Moore.
5) T.J. Hockenson TE, DET $4,900
To all my little Hockamaniacs, say your prayers, take your vitamins, and never go wrong. The implied total for the Lions is currently at 23.75 points scored. When correlating points on a bring-back team, as mentioned above, you aim at secondary WRs and TEs.
The Dolphins are less than great against TEs, ranked 8th for fantasy points scored against. St. Brown will have more extensive ownership and will allow different roster construction. I want pieces on the board for a game set to hit over 50 points.
6) Rams DST, LAR $2,700
Deebo has been ruled out, and Run CMC will be on some split carries until he is fully prepared to take the backfield on his own. The Rams are coming off their bye week and lost one game to the 49ers earlier this season. Do you know who led the charge on that day? Number 19 himself, Deebo Samuel.
In his career vs. the Rams, Jimmy G averages 255.4 passing yards and 1.4 touchdowns per game. He is as hot as a glass of lukewarm water.