Brocktober may be over, but Fitzmagic is back. Here’s an Week 8 NFL recap that will take you, like, 20 seconds to digest. The weekend that was …
[Also See: Week 8’s fantasy football standouts]
1. Wide receiver Danny Amendola threw more touchdowns than Brock Osweiler and Brocktober is officially Brocktover
2. The Browns finally fired head coach Hue Jackson after only winning 3 games in 2.5 seasons and we’re honestly shocked it took this long
.@Browns fired head coach Hue Jackson after a 3-36-1 record.
Jackson had the worst record in a 40-game span by a head coach in the Super Bowl era. pic.twitter.com/pDIefueW7j
— NFL Research (@NFLResearch) October 29, 2018
Tough blow for Hue Jackson to get fired in the middle of his most successful season.
— FantasyPros (@FantasyPros) October 29, 2018
The fact that Hue Jackson kept his job for 40 games (while only winning 3 of them) may go down as the most impressive accomplishment in coaching history
— Big Cat (@BarstoolBigCat) October 29, 2018
3. Four Jaguars players were arrested in London for skipping out on a *checks notes* $64,000 bar tab
4. Todd Gurley doesn’t give a damn about your fantasy team
Todd Gurley, on stopping short of goal line to secure the win and run out the clock: “Man, forget fantasy and forget Vegas. We got the win, so that’s all that matters.”
— Lindsey Thiry (@LindseyThiry) October 29, 2018
Keep doing you, TGII
5. Jameis Winston’s return as the Bucs’ starter lasted all of three games
Which means it’s Fitzmagic time once again!
6. Mitchell Trubisky channeled his inner Coach Ditka
Mitch Trubisky is killing it as Coach Ditka. ?
(?: IG/chicagobears) pic.twitter.com/Q0Yr7d3CVc
— theScore (@theScore) October 28, 2018
And the Bears somehow vaulted from last place to first place in the NFC North
7. The Steelers appear to be doing just fine without contract holdout Le’Veon Bell
He is also the first NFL player to have such a streak since 2009 (Chris Johnson). pic.twitter.com/oXGWY7OP3V
— Pittsburgh Steelers (@steelers) October 29, 2018
James Conner on pace for 2,107 total yards & 20.5 TDs. Le’Veon Bell has only reached 2,000 total yards in a season once (2014) & his career-high for TDs is 11.
— Adam Levitan (@adamlevitan) October 29, 2018
8. And here’s your weekly reminder that Jon Gruden is getting paid $625,000 a game to tank
— 95.7 The Game (@957thegame) October 29, 2018
The #Raiders don’t look terrible. Jon Gruden isn’t even good at tanking
— Chandler Wagner (@chanwag3) October 28, 2018